eXTReMe Tracker

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Pen? I'll take the Keyboard.

My talented friend comments on a recent article 'So You Want to Be a Games Journalist' on his online compendium of words and pictures - The Bloggings of The_B. It's my life dream to become a good gaming journalist, and this article helped me to understand the underlying foundation upon which the publishing houses stand.

Kieron Gillen criticises the article, "There's true stuff in there, but it's mixed in with a lot of stuff that's just plain wrong or self-glorifying." , I don't feel myself close to assuming a position able to judge either Gillen or McKenna's views; but I will say that writing a guide for aspiring journalists must be a difficult task, and one for which McKenna deserves credit for his intentions.

No comments: